If you’re looking to pack a punch and get the most out of your foods, you can do that by choosing foods that are in their most natural form, unprocessed and full on nutrients.
Whether you just want to eat healthier, experiment with new ingredients or are changing your diet to complement your training for runs, swims or rides like the Cape Town Cycle Tour, we have 5 ingredients that are worth a try:
- Go for goji berries – high in vit C and beta carotene
- Keep eating kale – packed with calcium, folate, vit K, vit A and vit C
- Try some hemp seeds – protein, zinc, iron, magnesium
- Reach for the raw cacao – contains antioxidants, magnesium, iron and calcium
- Add chia seeds – they contain omega-3 fatty acids, fibre, protein, magnesium and calcium