Healthy food and exercise is hugely beneficial when it comes to weight loss and other health and fitness goals. So how can we stay on track?
Easy. Choose foods which are not only healthy, but nutrient-dense too. And luckily KAUAI’s fresh new menu is here to help you do just that.
What is a nutrient-dense food?
In a nutshell, they’re foods that are less processed and closer to their natural state. Think fruits and vegetables, wholegrains and good quality proteins like smoked trout and free range eggs for example. KAUAI’s new menu uses the freshest, natural ingredients, giving your body exactly what it needs. Take a look at the new menu here: www.kauai.co.za
Exciting new ingredients
– Kale (with calcium, folate, vitamins K, A and C).
– Raw cacao (with magnesium, iron and antioxidants).
– Chia seeds (with omega fatty acids, fibre, protein, magnesium and calcium).
– Acai berries (with fibre, vitamin A and flavonoids).
– Pea protein (a vegetarian protein option providing amino acids).
– Fresh avocado (with unsaturated fatty acids and vitamin E).
Try new things
Try the Alkalizer smoothie made with coconut water, lemon, kale, spinach, banana and freshly squeezed apple juice. The coconut water is great for rehydration and provides carbs, potassium, calcium and magnesium; the kale and spinach are both nutrient-dense and kale is hailed by some as the top food to prevent diseases such as cancer because of its alkalising effect on the body, the lemon provides vitamin C, the banana is loaded with potassium and magnesium and the freshly squeezed apple juice gives you the goodness of a raw juice – all in all a great combination.
The above products and ingredients are available at selected stores.
Written for the Virgin Active blog and newsletter