Nectarines have a beautiful smooth skin, ranging from a deep red to a red and yellow mix and are still in season. This juicy summer fruit is perfect to eat when it’s still firm but not too hard and ripens well at room temperature.
Make the most of nectarines in lovely summertime dishes:
- Add nectarines to a Caprese salad
- Add thinkly sliced nectarines to a rocket and feta pizza
- Make a parma ham, mozzarella and nectarine salad
- Grill slices of nectarine on a griddle pan, arrange on a platter, top with alfalfa sprouts, microgreens and balsamic reduction
- Peel and chop ripe nectarines and then blend in a blender until smooth (add a little water if needed). Use as a sauce on ice cream, mixed into yoghurt or swirled onto your breakfast
- Slice nectarines in half, remove the stone, place skin side down on a baking tray, drizzle with a little honey or syrup and grill in the oven for 10 minutes. Top with mixed berries and yoghurt