There’s something very satisfying about eating a handful of peanuts, or spreading a thick layer of peanut butter on a warm piece of toast.
These tasty little morsels apparently originated in South America and then went global via the old trade routes. Thank goodness for that, because not only are they super satisfying, they’re also a great source of protein and monounsaturated fat.
So take a little look here at how to get them in your diet.
- Mix with raisins, with dried apples or with a variety of other nuts as a quick snack
- Crush unsalted peanuts to add to curry pastes and creamed spinach to add some texture
- Place peanuts in a blender or chop coarsely and mix into cake or muffin batters
- Add finely chopped unsalted peanuts or peanut butter to a smoothie
- Make peanut dusted feta for a cheese platter. Blend salted peanuts until broken into very fine pieces and spread the pieces on a clean kitchen surface. Take chunks of feta and roll them in the peanut dust
- Add roughly broken unsalted peanuts to stir-fries, paellas, potato casseroles, and couscous
- Add peanuts to homemade muesli or homemade crunchies
- Use peanut butter as a spread on apple slices, celery sticks, muffins, crumpets and crackers
- Pop into any KAUAI store for a Peanut Butter Bliss or a Peanut Butter Bomb. You may have noticed that the Peanut Butter Bomb has its very own fan club. Instagram us a pic or tell us what you think #peanutbutterbomb
Images sourced from Pinterest