Not sure whether you should grab a handful of peanuts or rather eat a few almonds?
While almonds are usually suggested for their host of health benefits, peanuts are still a good snack to grab. Keep some of both for those days when you need a little extra boost or a crunchy addition to a meal.
- Nuts which grow on a tree
- Contain mostly monounsaturated fat and a little bit of polyunsaturated fat
- Are a good source of protein and fibre, an provides some calcium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorous and Vit E
Have them as is, add almond nibbles to smoothies, try out some almond nut butter (get some at Wellness Warehouse) or add flaked almonds to couscous or quinoa to add a little extra texture.
- Legumes which grow under the ground
- Contain mostly monounsaturated fat and some polyunsaturated fat
- Are a good source of protein and fibre, and provide some potassium, phosphorous, Vit E and niacin