Goji berries are packed with Vit A, flavonoids, carotenoids and Vit C.
Add to that, these beautiful red berries are exceptionally easy to incorporate into your diet.
Buy some dried berries, store them in a sealed container and use them in any of the following ways:
- Sprinkle over porridge or oats along with cinnamon
- Add to fruit salads or micro-herb salads with soft cheeses such as feta
- Add to a wrap filling made with smoked chicken, avo, baby spinach, tomato and flaked almonds
- Blend into smoothies or use as a topping for a smoothie
- Make goji tea or goji-infused water for a large jug on the table
- Mix into a tabbouleh or a bulgar wheat roast vegetable salad
- Combine with mixed nuts to make your own healthy snack or trail mix
- Add the berries to home-made nut and seed bars for an antioxidant boost to complement the protein and fat content from the nuts and seeds
- If you want something savoury, add some soaked goji berries to a tomato soup garnished with coriander
Tip: If they’re a little too hard, they can be soaked in warm water for a few minutes to become slightly softer and plump.
Goji berries are just one of the great ingredients used in the new KAUAI menu. You’ll find them in the Amazon smoothie (made with acai, goji berries, banana, raspberries, pineapple, coconut water, almond butter and agave) and you can also select them as a topping on low GI vanilla frozen yoghurt. Head on over to www.kauai.co.za to check out the new and wholesome offering.